The Best of Local Food & Drink
Whether you want to cook for yourself in your pod’s kitchen, fine dine at a country restaurant or binge out on takeaway we’ve got you covered! Here are recommendations for all the best eating and drinking establishments in the area.
Small & Local Supermarkets:
Co-op: 3 minute drive
Sainsbury’s Local: 4 minute drive
Farm Shop & Bakery:
Harker’s Farm Shop: 9 minute drive
Pear Tree Market: There is a small market at the Pear Tree every Saturday selling breads, cakes, fruits, veg and other treats.
Ruddington Village Market: First Saturday of the month; 12 minute drive
Aldi: 10 minute drive
Morrison’s: 11 minute drive
Asda: 15 minute drive
You are welcome to get food delivered to your pod. Please ensure that you arrange a delivery time for when you will be checked-in as we are unable to collect or store. The address is: Wolds Wine Estate, Thurlby Lane, Stanton-on-the-Wolds, Nottingham NG12 5BS.
Don’t forget you can buy local wine and other goodies directly from us. See our Online Shop to order.
Local Takeaways & Delivery
- Breakfast/Afternoon Tea Delivery: Local café Sophia’s are able to deliver breakfasts, lunches and afternoon teas to your pod. Please get in touch with them directly to arrange (0115 837 0885). 24 hours notice is advised but not mandatory.
- Café: Local cafes are a short walk/drive away. We recommend both Sophia’s and Alice’s. These are unfortunately shut on Sundays but The Key Health Club Cafe is open. Further afield we enjoy Morton’s in Ruddington.
- Private Dining: Professional Chef Amy (who you may have seen on Master Chef!) runs The Incognito Club and is available for private dining evenings.
- Indian: There is 7 Spice which is our favourite, but it is dine-in or collection only. For delivery try The Moghul.
- Chinese: The Mayflower does delivery and collection.
- Fish & Chips: Plumtree Fish & Chips is excellent – collection only. Advisable to get there by 8pm at the latest as it is popular.
- Pizza: For a decent pizza try Strezza which is dine-in or collection only.
- The Plough at Normanton: A great country pub serving food and drinks with a fantastic beer garden. Usually live music on a Friday night. Walking map here (PLEASE NOTE: Roadworks are diverting a lot of traffic down the country lane towards The Plough therefore we do not recommend walking at this time. See The Griifin for an alternative pub to walk to) (1.8 miles)
- The Griffin at Plumtree: A traditional village pub where diners and drinkers alike are welcome. (2 miles)
- The Rancliffe Arms at Bunny: A 16th century coaching inn serving premium locally sourced seasonal food. (3.6 miles)
- The Plough at Wysall: A family run, traditional free house village pub with a stunning garden. Walking map here. (4 miles)
- The Unicorn’s Head at Langer: Lively country gastropub pub with good food, great pizza and a Sunday carvery. (10.9 miles)
Country Restaurants & Cafes
All the pubs above do great food, however, if you are looking for something special or different try the below:
- Perkins Bar and Bistro at Plumtree: Cute country Bistro with it’s own smokehouse serving great food. (1.5 miles)
- Restaurant Jericho at Plungar: A unique dining experience for the food lovers curious of heart who want to truly feed their souls and discover ‘food at one with place’. (14.5 miles)
- Restaurant Sat Bains: A Two Michelin Star Nottingham restaurant with rooms serving creative, seasonal, modern British cuisine. (7 miles)
- Sarsfield’s Chocolaterie & Tea Room: The full chocolate experience, not only can you purchase freshly made chocolates, but you can see the chocolates being made, enjoy their famous real hot chocolate, as well as joining in and having lessons. There are also other beverages, light bites, cream teas, afternoon tea in the tearooms. Fancy a walk? Here is the walking map.
Situated on the edge of the countryside we can suit the tastes of the country mouse and town mouse. We are well served by the bus and taxi for you to enjoy the nightlife. Here are some of the local towns to explore: