The Best of Local Food & Drink
Whether you want to cook for yourself in your pod’s kitchen, fine dine at a country restaurant or binge out on takeaway we’ve got you covered! Here are recommendations for all the best eating and drinking establishments in the area.
Local Food Shops
Don’t forget you can buy local wine and other goodies directly from us. See our Online Shop to order.
Local Takeaways (& Delivery)
- Breakfast: Weekend glampers can get breakfast delivered to their pod. We have partnered with The Breakfast Place to offer an exclusive locally-sourced cooked and continental breakfasts. Visit this page and use secret code “woldswine” to get your exclusive access. Their regular menu is here.
- Private Dining: Professional Chef Amy (who you may have seen on Master Chef!) runs The Incognito Club and is available for private dining evenings.
- Indian: There is 7 Spice which is our favourite, but it is dine-in or collection only. For delivery try The Moghul.
- Chinese: The Mayflower does delivery and collection.
- Fish & Chips: Plumtree Fish & Chips is excellent – dine-in and collection only. Advisable to get there by 8pm at the latest as it is popular.
- Pizza: For a decent pizza try Scoozi which is dine-in or collection only.
- The Plough at Normanton: A great country pub serving food and drinks with a fantastic beer garden. Usually live music on a Friday night. Walking map here. (1.8 miles drive)
- The Griffin at Plumtree: A traditional village pub where diners and drinkers alike are welcome. (2 miles)
- The Rancliffe Arms at Bunny: A 16th century coaching inn serving premium locally sourced seasonal food. (3.6 miles)
- The Plough at Wysall: A family run, traditional free house village pub with a stunning garden. Walking map here. (4 miles drive)
- The Unicorn’s Head at Langer: Lively country gastropub pub with good food, great pizza and a Sunday carvery. (10.9 miles)
Country Restaurants & Cafes
All the pubs above do great food, however, if you are looking for something special or different try the below:
- Perkins Bar and Bistro at Plumtree: Cute country Bistro with it’s own smokehouse serving great food. (1.5 miles)
- Restaurant Jericho at Plungar: A unique dining experience for the food lovers curious of heart who want to truly feed their souls and discover ‘food at one with place’. (14.5 miles)
- Restaurant Sat Bains: A Two Michelin Star Nottingham restaurant with rooms serving creative, seasonal, modern British cuisine. (7 miles)
- Nice Pie: Farm Shop & Tearoom in a small barn full of good, things you’ll like. Incredible freshly cooked homemade food. The Best Pies in the world and Pie Sunday Lunches with all the trimmings.
- Sarsfield’s Chocolaterie & Tea Room: The full chocolate experience, not only can you purchase freshly made chocolates, but you can see the chocolates being made, enjoy their famous real hot chocolate, as well as joining in and having lessons. There are also other beverages, light bites, cream teas, afternoon tea in the tearooms. Fancy a walk? Here is the walking map.
Situated on the edge of the countryside we can suit the tastes of the country mouse and town mouse. We are well served by the bus and taxi for you to enjoy the nightlife. Here are some of the local towns to explore: