About the Role
This is a varied role which has a focus on vineyard and land maintenance, but will also include activities to support vineyard Tours, to help in the Winery/Cidery and to ensure the smooth running of our Glamping Business. The right candidate will be excited with the variety of the role and understand that as a small family business they will have to roll their sleeves up and get involved with every aspect of the business – with a positive “can do” attitude. The successful candidate will gain a breadth of experience to support future career goals and aspiration.
The role will be split into four areas:
Vineyard / Estate Management: This will be the focus of the role and the candidate will play a key part in looking after our vineyard, orchard, and estate. With the help of the family owners a schedule of work will be determined. Main activities will include pruning, grass cutting, spraying, building maintenance, harvest work and general estate management. Basic care of any estate animals (e.g. chickens, pigs) will also be required. Parts of this work will be physically demanding.
Winery / Cidery Assistance: Supporting activities in the winery/cidery to transform our wonderful fruit into English wine and cider.
Tours, Tastings, Courses and Events: The candidate will be expected to run tours, tastings and sales at the vineyard and other external locations. With a touch of theatrics and charm the candidate will be able to tell the story of the vineyard, share their viticulture knowledge, guide guests through tastings and run a successful event managing customer experience and sales. The candidate may also be required to run courses and attend events to help promote and sell produce from the estate. This will include Saturday and evening work which will be pre-agreed in advance.
Glamping: Supporting our glamping business by engagement with guests and regular cleaning of our glamping pods.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate should be able to give clear examples to prove they have the following skills:
- Qualification (Plumpton/WSET) and/or experience in a wine or vineyard environment (some training may be provided)
- Ideally experience and qualifications for use of tractors and sprayers in a similar environment (training can be provided)
- The ability to work using your own initiative, follow instructions and to work collaboratively within a team
- Exceptional customer service skills, with a positive and cheerful attitude
- Confident in engaging large groups or customers
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal (English)
- Strong organisation skills and hard working
- Basic maths
- Good computer skills with a focus on emails, spreadsheets and social media
- A passion for working outside and with your hands
- Ability to deal with change and variety
- Available to work Saturdays and some evenings especially in the Spring and Summer seasons
Workplace: Wolds Wine Estate, NG12 5BE. Occasional need to travel. Home working will not be an option.
Hours per week: 37.5
Working Pattern: To be discussed with candidate, weekend work will be expected during Spring and Summer seasons and flexibility around time critical events
Transport: Has own car or mode of transportation
Salary: Dependent on experience
Please email CVs and covering letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications: 30th January 2023